United Methodist Men (UMM)
— Connect men to opportunities in the church across the church’s focus areas: Worship, Grow, Serve.
— Provide an umbrella organization to connect the CUMC men’s groups, ministries, and activities.
— Enrich men of the church on their faith journey; build fellowship among all men of the church of all ages; support men in times of need with prayer, assistance, and friendship.
President: Dick Formica
Vice President: Joe Caswell
Treasurer: Mell Cunningham
Liaison to Grow: Bill Angerman
Liaison to Serve: Lloyd Rowland
Activities: will normally be scheduled on Saturday mornings because that seems to be when the majority of participating men are available; will schedule to best fit into the Church calendar.
- Fellowship gatherings: we plan to hold three church wide fellowship gatherings each ‘semester’ (January thru June; September thru December)
- Fellowship gatherings are normally an hour long: 15 minutes Fellowship; 30 minutes Program; 15 minutes Sharing. The next gathering will be a potluck breakfast at the Activities field in August or September.
- We’re planning a UMM fellowship event at a Nationals game on 27 August. All Family and friends will be welcome to join us.
- Bible study: UMM supports the UMM Saturday morning Bible Study led by Jay Moughon on the third Saturday of each month from 0830 -1030.
- Connect: UMM works closely with and supports the Old Men’s Group (OMG). Many of the members of the OMG and the Men’s Breakfast Club are active in UMM activities. In 2016, we hope to forge a closer relationship with some of the other Men’s groups and to bring them into UMM activities: New Covenant Men’s Bible Study, Men’s Prayer Group.
- This year, again, we’ll organize and lead the CUMC Independence Day BBQ on the 4 July weekend and we’ll host a pancake breakfast fund raiser for the Holiday Food Baskets in November. We led the CUMC worship service on 19 June during Annual Conference weekend.
- We’ll support the Annual Advent Men’s Breakfast hosted by the Spiritual Formation Council on the first Saturday of December.
- Our UMM email list is a good way to communicate directly among men of the church. We’ll transition to MyCUMC as the primary method of communication and to schedule UMM events.
- UMM will continue to support many CUMC mission activities throughout the year.
If you’re interested in serving in a leadership position, helping in any way, or have suggestions to move forward, please contact Dick Formica at 703 475 4360 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
(as of 26 June 2016)