For every person participating in a mission trip this summer (about 80 people), we are seeking one person back home to serve as their prayer partner. The prayer partner's role is pray for your participant each day they are away.
Prayer Partner Instructions
Thank you for serving as a prayer partner. Your ministry of prayer is vital to our mission efforts this summer, and we are grateful for your partnership.
Selecting a Participant:
- We ask that you choose only one participant per mission team to pray for. If there is a need in the end, we will allow doubling up.
- If you are participating in one of this year’s trips, you may be a prayer partner for someone from another mission trip, but not from your own mission team.
- You may choose someone you know well, or someone you have never met, but would like to get to know. You decide.
What to do:
- Commit to being in prayer for your participant daily during their time in mission.
- Write 2 notes of encouragement to your participant, to be opened during their time in mission. The note can be a simple greeting card or a letter or notecard. It can be a favorite scripture passage, a poem that has meant something to you, a personal story, or a positive thought. Please send no gifts - just notes. (If you are out of town before the trip, you can email your notes to Phil Mohr at email@example.com, and I will print them out for you).
- Please bring your notes to Phil in the office at least 3 days prior to your participant’s trip:
Helping Haitian Angels — Trip dates: May 28-June 3 (Notes due Friday, May 24)
Sneedville Mission Team — Trip dates: June21-29 (Notes due June 18)
Appalachia Service Project — Trip Dates: July 21-27 (Notes due July 18)
Middle School Mission Week — Trip Dates: August12-15 (Notes due August 9)
- Attend (if you are able), the Commissioning Sunday on June 9. Once assigned, your participant will be asked to reach out to you to let you know which service they will be attending that day. This is a great opportunity to meet your participant. Prayer partners will have a part in the service of commissioning.
- Feel free to follow up with your participant after their trip. You have invested in them, and they will surely be eager to share some of their experiences with you. The Sneedville team will give a presentation about their trip on July 14 during the Discipleship Hour, and The ASP team will give a presentation on August 4.
If you have any questions, contact Phil Mohr at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-830-2684