Volunteers Needed In These Areas
For over a year we have been in a different routine. This routine is now shifting again as we are seeing more and more people in the sanctuary for worship while at the same many people continue to worship online. We have some pressing needs for volunteers in a time when many people are experiencing the joy of being able to travel this summer. The needs are as follows:
- Greeters/Ushers. Prior to Covid, we had teams of Greeters and Ushers. When we returned to having in-person worship the main roles were to register people, ensure they answered the Healthy Acknowledgment Form, and help maintain social distancing. Now that we don’t need to check those who have preregistered and ensure social distancing, our greeters and ushers can reclaim some of the normal duties even though we are not currently passing the offering plates. We are in need of people who are willing to help in this area of hospitality by welcoming people in the narthex, helping distribute name tags and bulletin,s and helping people to the pews (as needed). We need volunteers for both the 9:15 and 11:15 AM services. Please contact Cindy Osborn in the church office if you are willing to be added to the list of volunteers in this area of the church’s ministry. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Live Stream Hosts. Until now both Kim Wu and Phil Mohr have been serving as hosts for the Live Stream worship service. A host is there to welcome people using the chat feature of YouTube as well as to help answer questions people may have. It is a good way to connect with those who are new to worshiping online as well as to members who may have questions. Hosts can do this from their home computer and use a mobile phone to help relay any issues with the feed to the digital ministry team. Both Kim and Phil will be working in other areas on Sunday mornings. They are willing to train people to serve as hosts. Please contact Kim Wu at email@example.com or Phil Mohr at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Audio-Visual Techs. For the past two weeks we have been offering live stream and in-person at the same time. In order to do this for both services, we need more people to serve. We need those willing to work the sound; sit at the computer to ensure the lyrics, scriptures, and prayers are shown on the screen (lower thirds); and manage which cameras are being used in worship. We are in need of expanding these teams. If interested in becoming part of this vital ministry please contact Jason Moon, our new Director of Digital Ministries at email@example.com.
- Children’s Church/Nursery. We hope to see a return to Children’s Church and Nursery on Sunday mornings in July. But to offer these programs to our children and families, we need volunteers to serve as teachers and caregivers. Additionally, we need more adult volunteers for Summer Bible Camp (Vacation Bible School) in August. If you have been vaccinated and are willing to serve in this area please contact Joy Rangel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Food Distribution Ministry. Our food distribution efforts have expanded greatly during the pandemic. Though many areas of life are seeing a return to normal, people in our community continue to live with the reality of food insecurities. We tend to have enough volunteers packing the food during the week, but we do need additional volunteers especially for the distribution at the Centreville Library that takes place on Wednesday late afternoon/evening. If you are interested in serving in this area please contact Phil Mohr, our Director of Serve Ministries, at email@example.com or sign up using the links in the e-news each week.