ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE
English as a Second Language teaches adult students how to read, write and communicate in the English language. All nationalities are welcome. Space is limited.
Contact Margaret Welker at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
ALL CLASSES ARE NOW FULL.
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
Volunteering with ESL
There are many opportunities to be involved in the ESL ministry:
- - Registration – Help with registration approximately two weeks prior to the start of class.
- - Opportunities to assist include signing in the students, helping students fill out registration forms, monitor testing, grading tests.
- - Teach a class. Teachers commit to teaching one two hour class once a week, either on a Tuesday or Thursday for the 11 week session.
- - Assist in a classroom once a week, either on Tuesday or Thursday, for the 12 week session.
- - Hospitality – There is a break time each day when the student break for a light snack and time of fellowship. Those helping with hospitality prepare the snack table for the break and clean up following the break. The students provide the snacks.
- - Assist the Coordinator – the morning and evening ESL coordinators maintain attendance records, answer questions of the students and do a variety of administrative jobs. The assistance helps the coordinator with such responsibilities.
Contact Margaret Welker at email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering.