THE ESL CLASSES FOR FALL 2021 ARE NOW FULL.
REGISTRATION FOR FALL 2021 CLASSES IS NOW CLOSED.
The next classes will begin in January 2022.
ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE
English as a Second Language teaches adult students how to read, write and communicate in the English language. All nationalities are welcome. Childcare is provided with prior registration for the evening sessions. Space is limited.
Morning ESL Director: Patricia Franck - firstname.lastname@example.org
Evening ESL Director: Nannette Litz - email@example.com
Please fill out the registration form online using the link below. New students will be asked to participate in a placement interview online. You will receive an invitation to the inter view after you register
Morning Classes – Tuesday, September 14, 2021 – 9:30 – 11:00 AM
Evening Classes – Tuesday, September 14, 2021 – 7:00 – 8:30 PM
Tuesday, November 23, 2021
The ESL program at CUMC usually follows FCPS. Please check the home page of this website for cancellations due to inclement weather.
Registration Fee: $40
Volunteering with ESL
There are many opportunities to be involved in the ESL ministry:
- - Registration – Help with registration approximately two weeks prior to the start of class.
- - Opportunities to assist include signing in the students, helping students fill out registration forms, monitor testing, grading tests.
- - Teach a class. Teachers commit to teaching one two hour class once a week, either on a Tuesday or Thursday for the 11 week session.
- - Assist in a classroom once a week, either on Tuesday or Thursday, for the 12 week session.
- - Hospitality – There is a break time each day when the student break for a light snack and time of fellowship. Those helping with hospitality prepare the snack table for the break and clean up following the break. The students provide the snacks.
- - Assist the Coordinator – the morning and evening ESL coordinators maintain attendance records, answer questions of the students and do a variety of administrative jobs. The assistance helps the coordinator with such responsibilities.